How to Decorate Easter Cupcakes
If I know one thing, it’s that there can NEVER be too many sweets on Easter! If you’re looking for a cute, simple desserts to add to your sweet spread, try these adorable Easter cupcakes. In true Easter fashion, these cupcakes give a shout out to the Easter Bunny with a frosting carrot (the best kind of carrot, of course) sticking out of the top! These cupcakes are simple to make, simple to decorate and your Easter guests will absolutely love them. Watch the video below to see how it’s done.
– Favorite Chocolate Cake Mix or Recipe
– Buttercream icing
– Chocolate Buttercream Icing (carrot icing)
– Orange Icing Color (cupcake icing)
– Leaf Green Icing Color
– Chocolate sandwich cookies
– Baking cups
– Muffin pan
– Cooling grid
– 9 in. angled spatula
– Paring knife
– Disposable decorating bags
– Tip 2A
– Tip 352
2. Decorate tops of cupcakes. Prepare buttercream and chocolate buttercream icing recipes, separately, following recipe directions. Tint portions of white buttercream icing orange and green. Use spatula and chocolate icing to ice tops of cupcakes smooth. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Chill until set, 15 minutes.
3. Make carrots. Use knife to cut out circle in center of cupcakes. Use tip 2A and orange icing to fill in center of cupcake and pipe carrot over chocolate icing. Use tip 352 and green icing to pipe pull-out stems on carrot tops.