Common Household Product Completely Destroys Mold
If you’ve gone to battle with mold in your home before, then you know what an uphill fight it can truly be. Just when you think it’s gone, mold has a sneaky way of coming back with a vengeance. And if there’s one thing you don’t want coming back again and again, it’s mold.
This not only looks unsightly, but it also brings along some potential health hazards with its existence in your home. When left unchecked, mold can cause problems with your respiratory system, your breathing, your nervous system, and many of your major organs. Oftentimes with these medical issues, you can’t even distinguish these symptoms from those of allergies or a common cold.
Needless to say, when you see mold, it’s best to get it out ASAP.
While this is usually easier said than done (you can only scrub it away so many times before it begins to get irritating), there is a household product on hand that can make this unpleasant task a breeze…although it might not be the cleaning product you’re expecting.
There are specific mold killers and other spray cleaners that can work well on mold, but there is a secret weapon for this nasty nuisance that you wouldn’t expect, and it’s probably sitting in your medicine cabinet right now. And, good news, it doesn’t have any disgusting smell or harmful side effects of its own, as you often find with those products.
Hydrogen peroxide is what we’d usually use to disinfect cuts and scrapes, but this solution has a few other tricks up its sleeve, too. In your day to day life hydrogen peroxide is great for getting out nasty underarm stains without bringing harmful bleach anywhere near your clothes, and it can even disinfect a grimy toothbrush.
Who new this cheap drugstore product had so many amazing uses?
Best of all, hydrogen peroxide works wonders on getting rid of mold fast. Why? Well, peroxide has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties to it, so doesn’t just kill mold, it slows down its ability to reform. That means that it doesn’t just get rid of mold, it stops it from being able to continuously regrow.
All you have to do is take hydrogen peroxide and put it in a spray bottle. You don’t have to dilute the peroxide – using it in its strongest form is best to really nix the mold. Spray the mold with the hydrogen peroxide and let it sit for 10 minutes. When the time is up, you’ll be able to easily scrub away the mold without any issues.
Your surface will look good as new and the mold will be completely clear away! Best of all, your home will be able to fight back against mold, making it impossible to grow back. To make sure of this, use this hydrogen peroxide solution in your weekly or monthly cleaning routine, just to be thorough.
What do you think of this mold-killing hack? Do you use another unexpected product or method to get rid of stubborn mold? Share your thoughts and ideas in the comments section below.