These Muffin Tin Pizzas Are Like Mini Calzones! Yum!
Got a pizza craving? Of course you do! There are as many ways to enjoy the delicious combo of crust, cheese and sauce as there are potential toppings, and today, our favorite defies categorization. Is it a muffin tin mini pizza? A mini calzone? A homemade pizza pocket? Who cares?! We just know that it looks delicious, and that we absolutely had to share. Our friends at Rumble show us how they’re made.
HOMEMADE PIZZA POCKETS
– All-purpose flour
– Prepared pizza crust
– Shredded mozzarella cheese
– Shredded Parmesan cheese
– Marinara sauce
– Pepperonis (or your favorite toppings)
– Eggs, for egg wash
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a muffin tin.
- Flour a large surface and roll out the pizza dough. Cut the dough into sixteen evenly-sized pieces and stretch each piece to fill each muffin tin slot.
- Fill each piece of dough with the mozzarella, marinara sauce, Parmesan, and pepperonis.
- Fold in the corners to close the pockets, then brush with an egg wash and sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake for 25 to 27 minutes, until golden brown.
So easy! What a great idea for a quick, kid-friendly meal! Have you ever tried your hand at making pizza pockets at home before? Which recipes for muffin tin pizza do you prefer?