Homemade Natural Oven Cleaner
This all-natural non-toxic oven cleaner can be made with items you probably already have in your pantry. It only takes three ingredients for the spray with an assist from baking soda. Watch the quick video below to see how easy this is to make.
Natural Oven Cleaner
- Orange Peel
- Lemon Peel
- Baking Soda
- Distilled Vinegar
- Rosemary (Optional)
You’ll also need a spray bottle. You can find these for a buck at the dollar store.
- Peel an orange and lemon.
- In a mason jar, combine the orange peel, lemon peel, and distilled vinegar. You can also add rosemary to remove the vinegar smell.
- Let the ingredients infuse in the mason jar for five days. Then, using a funnel, pour the liquid into a spray bottle.
- When you’re ready to clean your oven, apply baking soda to the spots in your oven you wish to clean. Spray your natural oven cleaner on the baking soda. It should start to fizz or bubble.
- Wait 20 minutes before wiping down your oven with a clean wet sponge.
That’s it! It’s that easy. We use this in the TipHero test kitchen and it works wonders. Best of all, we don’t have to worry about any toxic fumes or harsh chemical smells. We recommend cleaning your oven every 2 to 3 months. If you are a light cooker we recommend cleaning in the spring and again in the fall before the holiday baking and gathering season. Give this a try and you’ll love it. You can find the mason jars, spray bottles and funnels inexpensively at your local dollar store. Let us know how it works out for you.