While we’re not eager to say goodbye to summer, there is one thing we’re looking forward to this autumn: apples! Apple crisps, apple pies, apple cider— the fruit fills our dreams no matter the season. Now there’s a new dish from Cooking Light jumping into that rotation, and it might be the best yet. After watching this tempting video, we think you’ll agree. Introducing Hasselback Baked Apples!
– 2 large, firm apples (Cooking Light recommends Pink Lady or Honeycrisp)
– Cooking spray
– 4 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
– 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
– 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
– 2 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats
– 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
– 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
– 1 1/2 cups low-fat vanilla ice cream
Watch the video to see how this twist on traditional baked apples comes together, then get your printable recipe over on Cooking Light. Have you ever seen anything like this method before? What do you think of the hasselback technique?