Eggplant Parmesan – Your New Favorite Meatless Meal
Vegetarian recipes tend to get a bad rap. Mostly, people tend to think of meat-less meals as boring – but they couldn’t be more wrong! While there are a million vegetarian meals that prove this, this is one of our particular favorites. Eggplant Parmesan is exactly how you’d picture chicken or veal parm, but with a savory veggie instead of a meat. Looking for a veggie-oriented meal that tastes anything but bland? Watch the video below to see how this amazing dish is made.
You don’t have to be a vegetarian to enjoy this meal! This breaded and cooked eggplant will be tender and bursting with flavor, and who doesn’t like to cover food with tomato sauce and cheese?! This is an easy weeknight meal that is guaranteed to be a healthy hit.
– 2 eggplants
– 3/4 cup of breadcrumbs
– 2 tbsp. Italian herbs
– 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
– 2 eggs
– 2 jars of tomato sauce
– Mozzarella cheese
2. Combine breadcrumbs, herbs, cheese, and pepper in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk up your eggs with a little water to make them runnier.
4. Dip each eggplant round into the egg and the breadcrumb mixtures.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan. Drop in eggplant pieces and cook in batches for 2 minutes, or until they’re golden brown.
6. Place them onto a plate lined with paper towels.
7. Pour tomato sauce in the bottom of a greased baking dish. Spread around.
8. Arrange half of the eggplant pieces into the dish and cover with more sauce and cheese. Repeat with remaining eggplant pieces.
9. Cook on 360 F. for 20-25 minutes.