Looking for an easy yet impressive dinner? This chicken roast may be exactly what you’re looking for! If you’re hosting a dinner, this roast is guaranteed to satisfy and impress a crowd, but it’s not too complicated a recipe, either. If you’re bored with plain old roast chicken, you’ll want to check out this spin on the classic roast. This recipe has a bit of French flare and involves no less than 40 CLOVES of garlic. That’s a whole lot of garlic. Watch the video below to see how you can make this simple and impressive roast right at home.
Beyond the fact that you need a ridiculous amount of garlic for this recipe, you only need a few simple ingredients otherwise. Sometimes the most delicious and impressive meals are the ones that are just the bare minimum!
Do you prepare roast chicken this way or a different way? Share your recipes in the comments section below.
GARLIC ROAST CHICKEN
– 40 garlic cloves (3 to 4 heads), unpeeled
– 1 whole chicken (3 1/2 to 4 pounds)
– 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
– Coarse salt and ground pepper
– 6 sprigs fresh thyme
2. Put your chicken in your cast iron skillet. Make sure it has sat at room temperature for at least an hour and is very dry. Rub butter all over your chicken.
3. Surround your chicken with the garlic and thyme.
4. Season both sides of the chicken and the garlic.
5. Tie the legs of the chicken and put it in your 475 F. oven for 45-60 minutes. Make sure to baste it once or twice before removing.