The holidays can be tough when you’re on a budget. Most of your money goes to gifts – but what about decorating your house for the season? The good news is, you can make your home merry and bright on a dime! Thanks, of course, to the Dollar Tree.
These DIY holiday decorations are made almost entirely of materials from the Dollar Tree and give an elegant feel to your mantel this season. Plus, you’d never know that these pieces of decor are made on-the-cheap! They look so fabulous, your holiday guests will think you spent a fortune on top-shelf home decor.
Do It On a Dime is showing us specifically how to pull off an amazing holiday mantle, something that is a key to a classically decorated winter home. Here’s what you’ll need to get start:
Dollar Tree Christmas Wreath
- 3 oval platters
- 3 rectangular platters
- 10 circular platters
- Hot glue
- Start by laying down five of the ten circular platters in a circle.
- In between each one, alternate the oval and rectangular platters.
- Layer the final five circular platters on top.
- Use hot glue to keep everything together, gluing one layer at a time.
- You can add a hanging mechanism to the back or just lean it against your mantle wall.
- Make sure to dress up your wreath with some little decorations.
Dollar Tree Christmas Trees
- Poster board
- White feathers
- Hot glue
- Roll your poster board into a cone, hot gluing it into place. Cut the bottom of the cone to the desired height.
- Starting at the base, glue your feathers onto your cone.
Do you like either of these Christmas mantle crafts? Share your thoughts on these Dollar Store decor hacks in the comments section below.