When you think of food at Disneyland, you might think of just ice cream, hot dogs or pretzels, but real fans of the “Happiest Place on Earth” know that one of the real food stars is the Louisiana beef stew at New Orleans Square’s French Market Restaurant. And real cooking detectives know that you can totally recreate the dish at home. Want in on the secret? Tasty Food shows us how to make it!
– 2 pounds chuck roast, cubed
– 1/3 cup flour
– 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
– 1 teaspoon pepper
– 3 garlic cloves
– 1 small onion, diced
– 4 red potatoes, peeled and diced
– 3 large carrots, chopped
– 3 stalks celery, chopped
– 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
– 4 cups beef broth
– 1 tablespoon paprika
– 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
– 1 bag frozen peas
- Toss the beef in the flour, seasoned salt, and pepper, and brown in oil in a skillet on high heat.
- In the same pan, cook the garlic and onions until the onions are clear.
- In the crockpot, layer the potatoes, carrots, celery, beef and onion mixture, and mushrooms.
- Pour in the beef broth, paprika, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 1/2 hours.
- Ten minutes before serving, stir in a bag of frozen peas.
- Serve in a small, hollowed out sourdough roll.
Yum! Have any of you had the Disneyland original? How do you think this recipe compares?