Woman Warns Of Unsanitary Nail Salon When She Witnesses A Deer Carcass Being Sliced Up On The Floor
There are many things to watch out for when you choose a nail salon—you know, prices, what types of foot baths are used, etc.—but perhaps one of the most important things to watch for is cleanliness. After all, no one wants to get a nail infection because of where they chose to get a manicure.
Morgan Taylor, a student at High Point University in North Carolina, didn’t get an infection, but she did get the surprise of her lifetime when she headed to a local salon called Diamond Nails one evening. Her sister’s wedding was the next day, and she was excited for an hour of manicure bliss.
But that’s far from what she got. In the middle of getting her nails done, she looked over to where another employee was walking out with a cooler and couldn’t believe what she was seeing.
“I was sitting there getting my nails done, and looked over and they were pulling out deer meat from a cooler,” Taylor said. “I get scared that I’m going to see trash on the ground or weird smells, but not to see a dead deer.”
That’s right—an employee butchering a dead deer was her sight as she was getting her nails buffed.
Morgan said the workers just casually placed the deer on top of a tarp and began slicing away, in front of everyone present at the salon. What’s worse, Taylor said no one really seemed fazed by what was going on—including the customers there.
Once her nails were done, Morgan couldn’t wait to get the heck out of there, but not before snapping a photo for proof (or at least, so she could believe what she was seeing!).
“Hunting for a new nail salon in High Point, North Carolina? Talk about multitaskers… manicures, pedicures, and amateur deer butchers. Oh deer!” she wrote as the caption alongside the photo that she posted to her Facebook page.
The post went viral, racking up more than 1,500 likes and comments with people from all over. Most were absolutely appalled at what they were seeing, some made jokes, and others didn’t see what was wrong (there’s always some of those, aren’t there?)
“Shut them down ASAP,” one person commented. “They have broken code and health regulations that probably didn’t even exist.”
That’s disgusting,” another said. “That’s a place of business where you have the possibility of getting a bacterial or fungal infection…I’m sure the health department has some say in that.”
“Her venison is going to taste like nail chemicals,” another person wrote (we assume, jokingly).
“Why do you care?” said one person who didn’t see an issue. “This may be food for her kids. She has it on something, has on an apron, and nothing is being touched by the meat.”
To hear more from Morgan herself on what she witnessed, check out the video below.
What do you think of this nail salon butchering a deer in the open? What would you have done if you saw this scene while getting your nails done at your salon?