Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or any old weeknight meal, this simple corned beef and cabbage recipe can be made in a snap! Even better, it can be made in your slow cooker, so it can simmer away to perfection and save you some serious work. Watch the video below, brought to us by AllRecipes, and learn how to make this simple corned beef and cabbage.
CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE
– 1 onion, cut into wedges
– 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
– 1 pound carrots, cut into large chunks
– 3 cups water
– 3 cloves garlic, minced 1 bay leaf
– 2 tablespoons sugar
– 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
– 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1 (3 pound) corned beef brisket with spice packet, cut in half
– 1 small head cabbage, cut into wedges
2. Cover and cook on Low until meat and vegetables are tender, 8 to 9 hours. Remove bay leaf before serving.
Do you have a clever trick you use when making this traditional Irish dish? Share your hacks in the comments section below!