There’s no gift more heartfelt that a homemade treat. During the holidays, most people turn to baking cookies, using adorable cookie cutters to make shapes that remind us of all our favorite things. There’s another way to use those cookie cutters, though, and it’s absolutely perfect for a unique, tasty gift: fudge! Yoyomax12 shows us how to do it.
– 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
– 1 cup peanut butter chips (or butterscotch chips or more chocolate chips)
– One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
– 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place cookie cutters on a piece of foil and seal the foil tightly around the outside of each one. Lightly spray the cookie cutters and foil with cooking spray.
- In a 4-cup microwavable measuring cup or bowl, mix the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, milk and butter. Microwave uncovered on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chips are almost melted.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Spoon the mixture into the cookie cutter molds, filling to the tops of the molds.
- Decorate with sprinkles or your favorite candies.
- Chill until set.
When it’s time to enjoy, just let the fudge come back to room temperature and use your fingers, the back of a spoon, or a sharp knife to remove it from the cookie cutters. It’s a great variation on edible gifts, don’t you think? Which cookie cutter shapes would you use?