How To Make A Classic Chicken Noodle Casserole
The only way to make comfort foods more comforting is to combine two of the most comforting foods of all time: chicken noodle soup and casseroles. Or, more appropriately, chicken noodle soup in casserole form. Casseroles are soul-warming as it is, but adding the magic of chicken noodle soup (I think we can all agree egg noodles are literally everything) makes this my favorite casserole dish to date. Watch the video below and learn how to make this out-of-this-world comfort food.
My favorite part? The crunchy bread crumb topping. Once out of the oven, a browned breaded topping is the perfect cherry on top of this delicious dish. It doesn’t get more comforting than that!
CHICKEN NOODLE CASSEROLE
– 10.75 oz. of condensed cream of mushroom soup
– 14 oz. of condensed cream of chicken soup
– 3/4 cup heavy cream
– 1 lb. egg noodles
– 16 oz. frozen peas and carrots
– 2-3 cups of chicken
– 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
– 2/3 cup Parmesan
– 1/3 cup bread crumbs
– 2 tbsp. butter
2. Add noodles, peas and carrot, chicken and cheddar. Combine.
3. Put mixture into a casserole dish. Make sure to grease the bottom of the casserole dish.
4. Combine bread crumbs and butter. Pour mixture over the casserole
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.