Cheesecake Dessert Tacos
Are you addicted to desserts? Do you love cheesecake? Adore tacos? Go crazy for dessert tacos? Then come along with us as we combine all of those things and more in one delectable dish: Cheesecake Dessert Tacos!
Yes, you read that correctly: Cheesecake Dessert Tacos. This easier-than-you-might-think treat fills tacos with a simple, and simply delicious, cheesecake filling and tops it with fruity pie filling for a dessert that’s sweet, not-too-heavy, surprising and fun. If you liked our Sugar Cookie Tacos, but wished for the use of real tortillas, this one’s for you! Let us show you how it’s done, then read on for the full recipe so you can make them yourself.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
CHEESECAKE DESSERT TACOS
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 6 to 8 graham crackers
- 6 large flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 can pie filling, any flavor (optional)
- Place the graham crackers in a food processor, and pulse until they are crumbled into fine crumbs. Set aside.
- Use a 3½-inch circle cutter and cut out four to five circles from each of the flour tortillas.
- Heat 1½ inches of the vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Make sure the oil is good and hot by testing with a scrap of tortilla. If it bubbles right away, the oil is ready.
- Using tongs, hold a tortilla circle in the hot oil for 5 seconds. Flip the tortilla over and fold in half with the tongs. Hold it folded for 5 seconds, or until browned. Flip and fry the other side until crispy.
- Remove the fried and folded tortilla from the oil. Shake off any excess oil, and dredge the tortilla in the graham cracker crumbs. Set on a pan to cool.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until each tortilla circle is fried, folded, and dredged in graham cracker crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, cream the cream cheese, lemon juice and vanilla extract together.
- Add the heavy cream to the cream cheese mixture and beat until fully incorporated.
- Add the powdered sugar to the cream mixture and beat until stiff and fluffy.
- Place the cheesecake mix in a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cut the tip of one corner off the plastic bag, and pipe the creamy cheesecake filling into each prepared taco.
- Spoon the pie filling over the top, if desired, and serve.
How great do those look? The combination of the crispy, crunchy fried taco and the sweet, creamy cheesecake filling is just out of this world. The pie filling topper – which of course can be replaced with fresh fruit or homemade preserves – really takes this treat over the top, but these dessert tacos are just as delicious all on their own.
So what do you think? Will you give these Cheesecake Dessert Tacos a try? Do you think you’ll use the pie filling topper, and if you do, what flavor will you choose? Are there any other kinds of dessert tacos you’d like to see us attempt? Tell us if you try these and let us know how they turn out for you!
Recipe adapted from Spend With Pennies