Bourbon Pecan Bonbons
These wonderful Bourbon Pecan Bonbons have the right amount of chocolate and bourbon that come together with the pecans to give it a wonderful rich taste. Check out the video below to see how easy they are to make:
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
½ cup plus 2 tbsp. heavy cream
1/4 cup light corn syrup
2 Tbsp honey
9 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
2 Tbsp Bourbon
1 1/2 cups pecans, toasted and finely chopped
2 cups (about 10 oz) shortbread cookies, crushed into crumbs in the food processor
¼ cup granulated sugar
1. Place the chocolate in a large mixing bowl. Combine the cream, corn syrup and honey in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, then remove from the heat.
2. Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate. Let stand for a minute (while the chocolate starts melting), then stir until all the chocolate is melted.
3. Stir in the Bourbon, 1 cup of the pecans and the crushed shortbread cookies.
4. The mixture will still be rather soupy and soft-looking, so refrigerate for an hour and the chocolate will firm up.
5. Put the 1/4 cup granulated sugar and the remaining 1/2 cup pecans in the food processor and pulse a few times until the pecans are nearly ground and well-mixed into the sugar. Place the sugar in a shallow bowl or on a plate.
6. Scoop rounded tablespoonfuls of the chocolate and roll into a ball. Roll the bon bon through the sugar-pecan mixture, then repeat with the rest.
Makes about 28 bon bons