Beef and Broccoli
This recipe is faster than delivery; not to mention healthier and tastier, too! Living in The Big City, we all too often turn to the lure of delivery food. And each and every time I regret it. Between being billed twice, or items being left out, or the food getting cold, or it taking over an hour to get to us it just never seems worth what we pay. Home cooked meals can take just as little time and you know exactly what’s going in them! You don’t have to tip a driver or remember your Seamless password. You can just head into the kitchen, bring out one skillet, and make a mean pot of beef and broccoli. Try this recipe (also delicious with chicken!) and you’ll be a changed person, the kind who no longer spends too much time, money, and cholesterol on take out.
1 lb broccoli florets
1 lb beef strips, I used fajita style
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup beef stock/broth
1 tablespoon corn starch
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
- In a skillet on medium high heat the vegetable oil and cook the broccoli florets until slightly softened, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the beef to the pan and cook until browned on each side, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- While the beef is browning mix together the soy sauce, beef broth, corn starch, brown sugar, honey, apple cider vinegar, and sesame oil.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook, stirring constantly for 30 seconds. Add the soy sauce mixture and turn heat down to medium.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the broth has cooked down and the beef is cooked. Toss in the broccoli and cook for another 2 minutes. Serve immediately.