There’s nothing like warm baked apples from the oven. This quick and easy recipe brings a new twist to classic brownies. Check out the short video below to see how it all comes together:
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup sugar
12 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
1 large egg
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 med granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped (2 cups)
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Spray an 8×11 baking pan with non-stick spray.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl (flour through nutmeg).
3. Stir the chopped apples and lemon juice together and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter together. Add in the egg, orange juice and vanilla.
5. Mix in the dry ingredients, then fold in the apples. Spread into an even layer in the prepared baking dish.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.