7 Tips for Saving at the Spa
The winter is a harsh season for the body, so what better way to get yourself ready for spring (read: shorts, t-shirts, and sandal weather) than with a little pampering at the spa? Spas are often associated with big $$$$, but the flailing economy has slowed the spa industry, which means there are deals to be had.
Kelli B. Grant of SmartMoney shares seven ways you can save at the spa that will leave you with that pampered feeling without leaving a dent in your wallet:
- Spa-hop – check out discounts for first time visitors
- Visit off-peak – book during slow times
- Book in bulk – if you are a regular, buy several visits at once
- Go to school – check out massage and cosmetology schools for deals
- Check the calendar – book during nationwide ‘spa weeks’ and save
- Read reviews – make sure you are getting reputable service before you buy
- Clip coupons – via twitter, coupon sites, the paper… We’ve actually used Groupon for spa treatments and it really was a great deal. We got 50% off on a manicure/pedicure at a fancy downtown salon.
We strongly recommend clicking through the link below and reading the article as it is full of tips and links to sites where you can find great deals on spa treatments:
7 Tips for Spa Savings (Source: SmartMoney)
Homepage photo credit: sallyleecandles