If you’re counting calories but don’t want to skimp on appetizers for your upcoming holiday party, try out some of these tasty, but healthier, dips. Serve them with cut veggies (or fruits when appropriate) and call it a day!
- Healthy Spinach and Artichoke Dip:Make this one with low-fat Greek yogurt, 1/3 less fat cream cheese and fat free cream cheese.
- Green Goddess Dip:Make this peppery dip with some fresh basil, parsley and watercress.
- Yogurt and Honey Fruit Dip:This sweet dip for any fresh fruit only requires Greek yogurt, low-fat sour cream, honey and vanilla.
- This jazzed up pico de gallo salsa involves grilled corn, avocado, tomatoes, onions, chiles, cilantro and lime juice.
- Guacamole:Use any variation you’d like to spice it up a bit. And if you want to make it creamier, try fat free greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
- 7-Layer Dip from Pantry Ingredients:Hummus, pesto and some other veggies and pantry ingredients make up this great healthy take on a 7-layer dip.Photo credit: Wikimedia