6 Dinners You Can Make for $1
You don’t have to buy from the Dollar Menu at McDonald’s to get meals for $1. You can make them for even less at home with a little bit of time and some important staples. Take a look at some delicious and hearty meals that you can make for less than $1 per serving:
- Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Curry: this hearty chicken dish can be made for 97 cents per serving. The broccoli makes it more nutritional and the curry gives it a great kick.
- Migas: this recipe incorporates eggs, tortillas, peppers, onion, garlic, tomato and cheese into one delicious skillet creation at only 78 cents per serving.
- Pork Carnitas: this recipe is prepared in the slow cooker, so it’s not only cheap to prepare – it’s simple. Serve the boneless pork shoulder with tortillas and any leftover veggies you have. This meal will cost you 90 cents per serving.
- Sauteed Chickpeas with Broccoli and Parmesan: just grab a can of chickpeas out of your pantry and toss it with broccoli, onion, red pepper garlic and a few other easy ingredients. Sprinkle with Parmesan and you’ve got dinner for 80 cent per serving.
- Spaghetti Pie: use up your leftover spaghetti to make this heaty pie for 67 cents per serving. You’ll need butter, eggs, milk, bacon crumbles, scallions and, of course, cheese.
- Mashed Potato Soup: here’s a hearty recipe that’s sure to satisfy on a chilly evening for 92 cents per serving. You’ll need potatoes, bacon, and other easy potato fixings.
Find more recipes that will keep you away from the dollar menu over at All You’s roundup, All You.