Nothing is more warming than a nice, hearty cup of soup for these chilly late-winter months! What’s better than a toasty cup of soup? A toasty cup of soup that’s only five ingredients! Not only does this soup come out deliciously but it only requires a few simple ingredients that you probably have right in your kitchen! Check out how to make this easy soup below.
5-INGREDIENT BROCCOLI AND POTATO SOUP
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion, coarsely chopped
– Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
– 2 pounds broccoli, cut into florets, stalks peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
– 1 baking potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
– 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
– 1 to 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2. Add broccoli, potato, broth, and enough water (4 to 5 cups) to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium, and simmer until broccoli and potato are tender, about 20 minutes.
3. Using a blender or an immersion blender, puree broth and vegetables until smooth. If using a blender, work in batches and fill only halfway, allowing heat to escape: Remove cap from hole in lid, cover lid firmly with a dish towel, and blend. Transfer to a clean pot as you work. Adjust soups consistency with a little water if necessary. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.