It might sound crazy to a lot of us, but leftover pancakes do happen. Whether you went overboard when making them or your family members just weren’t as hungry as they thought they were, occasionally we’re all end up with a stack of pancakes we just don’t know what to do with. Simply saving them for later is unappetizing, and throwing them out is wasteful. What to do? Try any of these FIVE tricks from Food Network! Not only are they great ways of getting use out of something we thought we couldn’t, they’re so tempting, we might just change how we view pancakes entirely. Check them out!
5 Leftover Pancake Uses
- Use a cookie cutter to cut small circles out of the pancakes. Layer those circles with salmon, yogurt, and dill sprigs for pancake canapes.
- Spread peanut butter and jelly between two pancakes for a twist on the classic PB & J sandwich.
- Fold a pancake into a U-shape and fill with bacon, hash browns, scrambled eggs and cheddar cheese for an extra-special pancake breakfast taco.
- Make the pancakes the bread in a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Dice the leftover pancakes, then layer them into a glass with yogurt and berries to make a pancake parfait.
So many good options! We especially love the breakfast taco idea. What about you? Which idea calls to you for a try this weekend?