9 Awesome Ways to Use Your Crumbs
Though you may think so at first, those crumbs at the bottom of the bag, box, or tupperware container aren’t useless. Leftover cookie, cake, bread or cereal crumbs can take on a whole new life. Here are some quick ideas to get you started.
Leftover Cookie Crumbs
- Save these and use in place of graham cracker crumbs when you’re making a graham cracker crust.
- Use as toppings on homemade ice cream sundaes.
- Cookie crumbs are an excellent addition to chocolate covered strawberries. Just dip your strawberries in white chocolate, for example, and then in Oreo cookie crumbs for a delicious treat.
Leftover Bread Crumbs
- Save in a bag in the freezer. When you have enough, toss the crumbs with oil and seasoning until browned slightly. Then use it in stuffing or as a casserole topping or (without oil and seasoning) in bread pudding.
- Try using them to bake zucchini fries or as a bind for veggie burgers.
Leftover Cereal Crumbs
- Save these for use on top of yogurt, pudding, oatmeal, muffins or fruit salad.
- Mix cereal crumbs (a larger amount – like a cup or two) with some butter and your favorite herb. Then broil this mixture on a flat pan until browned, then use on top of casseroles, mac & cheese or hot veggies.
Leftover Cake Crumbs
- Use cake crumbs to make cake pops.
- Make parfaits by layering cake crumbs with your desired flavor of pudding. See below: