4 Parts and 1 Secret to Mouthwatering Crepes
Whether they’re sweet or savory, crepes are easily one of the most delicious and versatile foods. They’re also surprisingly easy to make, as Craftsy teaches us! You don’t need a fancy crepe pan or special technique; just spread the simple-to-make batter in a skillet in a thin, even layer, starting from the center, for flaky and satisfying pancakes. Wrap around your favorite filling and enjoy!
– 2 cups milk
– 4 large eggs
– 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, flour and salt vigorously until very smooth, about 2 minutes. This step can also be done in a food processor!
- Transfer the batter to a bowl with a pour spout or a measuring cup. Let the batter rest for 15 to 30 minutes. (It can also be kept, covered, in the refrigerator overnight.)
- Heat a nonstick skillet – preferably a 10-inch one – over high heat. Grease with butter or vegetable oil. Pour about a 1/2 cup of batter into the center of the pan and tilt it until the batter covers the entire surface of the skillet. Don’t worry if the edges are less-than-perfect!
- Cook the crepe until the top is just set and the bottom is very lightly browned, about 1 minute. Slide a spatula around the edge of the crepe to release it, and flip it over to cook on the other side, about 1 minute more. Serve immediately.
It’s great when something so delicious turns out to be so simple. I love savory crepes, stuffed with things like salmon and veggies. How do you like your crepes? Do you prefer them for breakfast, or for a grab-and-go meal?