3 Winning Game Day Appetizers
How competitive are you? Were you recently asked to bring snacks for everyone to share during the game? We’re excited to share THREE winning game day appetizers that folks will immediately dive into and post to their Instagram accounts. When they do, make sure you’ve got Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps® on hand. They’re the perfect pairings for these shareable appetizers! You can devour any of the Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisp® flavors with these appetizers, but we recommend three in particular that taste delicious with these game day-perfect snacks.
Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps® truly allow you to become a snack genius! These exceptionally thin, flat-baked pretzel crackers are meant for dipping, so just bring a few bags per dish. And we promise that all three of these appetizers are easy to transport to game day events!
Your friends will try to bribe you to share the recipes, but just send them here! We’ve got the recipes AND the perfect Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisp® flavor pairings.
The best part of this first game day appetizer is that it’s shaped like a football! It’s easier to create than you think. We just use a bowl lined with plastic, and we twist the wrap by spinning the bowl to get the plastic nice and tight, which helps create that perfect football shape.
Pepperoni Cheese Ball
Serves 30 Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes
- Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps® are the perfect pairing!
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped (whites and greens)
- 7 ounces pickled jalapeños
- ⅓ to ½ Cup fresh jalapeños, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 ounces mini pepperoni slices
- 1 slice mozzarella
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer, blend together the softened cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, pickled and fresh jalapeños, chopped parsley and garlic powder. Mix until fully blended. (This can be done by hand but the cream cheese needs to be very soft for it to blend together easily.)
- Line a medium bowl with plastic wrap, leaving any excess to hang over the sides. Scoop the cheese mixture into the the lined bowl, and firmly press to mold the mixture into the shape of the bowl. Gather the ends of the plastic wrap together and gently twist to tighten around the cheese mixture.
- Remove the wrapped mixture from the bowl and place on the counter. Shape the cheese mixture into the shape of a football. Place in refrigerator and allow to firm up for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove the cheese football from the refrigerator and place on a platter or sheet pan for ease of transport. Unwrap and cover the entire cheese football with mini pepperoni.
- Cut the slice of mozzarella into strips, one long and 4 short, for the laces. Place the long piece horizontally along the center of the cheeseball and the short pieces, evenly spaced, vertically across the long strip.
- Enjoy with the perfect pairing: Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps®!
- The warmer the cream cheese, the easier this spread will blend together. Leave it on the counter for a few hours before mixing or, if in a hurry, microwave on high for 30 seconds.
We bet you can smell the saucy kielbasa already! The cheese and mustard serve as the tasty “adhesive”, and assembling these bites with your favorite Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps® couldn’t be easier. Yum!
Cheesy Kielbasa Bites
Serves 7 to 9 Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 2-3 hours
- Garlic Parmesan Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps® are the perfect pairing!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 – 14-ounce packages fully-cooked smoked sausage, cut diagonally
- 1 cup spicy BBQ sauce
- ½ cup chili sauce
- ½ cup apricot jam
- 12-ounce cheese spread, room temperature
- Stone-ground mustard
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and, working in batches, the sliced sausage. Sear meat on both sides and remove to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain any excess grease.
- In a 1-½-quart slow cooker, add the BBQ sauce, chili sauce, and apricot jam. Stir to mix, then add the cooked sausage. Stir until all the meat is coated with sauce, cover with a lid, and set cooker to warm for 2 to 3 hours.
- To serve, spread the cheese spread on a Garlic Parmesan Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisp® (or your favorite flavor), followed by a smear of stone ground mustard and topped with a slice of the hot, saucy, smoked sausage.
Loaded Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps® can be garnished with traditional crave-worthy sides like sour cream, tomatoes and maybe green onions if you’re feeling it. Great for game day, but also a staple for any and every event!
Loaded Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps®
Serves 4 Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps® are the perfect pairing!
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 to 5 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Diced cherry tomatoes
- Chopped green onions, whites and greens
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400℉ (205℃).
- Place the Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps® on a 9-inch flat-sided cast iron skillet, slightly overlapping the edges.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese and bacon over the top and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt, and garnish with the tomatoes, green onion, and parsley.
The best part about these three appetizers? They’re totally different from what other folks will bring to the game day event! Everyone is so tired of wings, homemade meatballs, and macaroni and cheese, so when you show up with these apps and a big bag of Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps®, it’ll be like you scored the winning touchdown.
Which of these appetizers are you rooting for?
This is a sponsored post, paid for by our partner, Snack Factory®.