Shampoo is a useful thing to have on hand even apart from washing your hair. It can be cheap to buy and/or make and it’s usually hanging around. Here are a few uses that you can shampoo to if need be, courtesy of care2.
- Un-stick a stuck zipper by dabbing on a drop of shampoo with a Q-tip.
- Use as an inexpensive shoe polish. Buff leather shoes and purses with a small amount of shampoo on a clean cloth.
- Treat clothing stains with a few drops of shampoo before you wash. Just rub a bit of shampoo into the stain, let soak and launder as usual.
- Put a few drops of shampoo onto the adhesive part of a band aid for pain-free removal.
- In a pinch, you can use shampoo (and conditioner) in place of shaving cream.
For many more ideas, be sure to check out care2’s 20 New Uses for Shampoo.