How to Cook a Single Serving Peanut Butter Cake in Just 2 Minutes
The thing about cravings is that they can strike without warning, meaning that we’re often left deeply wanting our favorite foods without the time or sufficient ingredients to make them. If you’re anything like us, one of the things at the top of our cravings list is peanut butter, especially desserts like peanut butter cake. So what to do if we’re struck with a craving for it when we only have a few minutes and a little bit of what we need? Simple! Turn to this microwaveable mug cake from Josh Elkin that only takes two minutes. Check it out!
MICROWAVE PEANUT BUTTER MUG CAKE
– ⅔ cup flour
– ¼ teaspoon baking powder
– 8 teaspoons sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– ⅓ cup whole milk
– 3 tablespoons simply ground peanut butter + 1 tablespoon for drizzling
– Reddi-Whip, for topping
- In a mixing bowl, combine the 3 tablespoons of peanut butter, baking powder, flour, sugar, milk, and vanilla extract vanilla and mix until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Add the contents of the bowl to a large mug.
- Microwave the mug for about 2 minutes. Cook time will depend on your microwave.
- Let the mug cool completely.
- Using a small microwaveable bowl, melt the last tablespoon of peanut butter in the microwave until it becomes thin.
- Swirl Reddi-Whip on top of the mug cake and drizzle with the melted peanut butter.
Easy, quick and delicious! Do you think you’ll give this one a try? What other kinds of mug cakes would you like to see and try?