Need to throw together a quick dessert for unexpected guests? Most of these dessert recipe ideas will only take you 10-20 minutes of minimal effort to throw together (but they’ll look and taste like you spent hours on them)! Take a look:
- Chilled Peaches in White Wine: this is a sophisticated dessert that requires almost no effort. Just throw some ripe peach slices in some sugar and douse with a dry white wine. Let it chill in the fridge one hour before serving.
- Apple Tarts: just cut store-bought puff pastries in half lengthwise. Then slice 3 -4 apples into thin slices and toss them in brown sugar. Arrange the apple slices on the pastries and bake for 20 minutes.
- Chocolate-Covered Banana Pops: simply cut bananas into sections and skewer them onto popsicle sticks. Use your microwave or a double boiler to melt some semi-sweet chocolate. Then coat the bananas in the chocolate and roll them in crushed nuts. Either chill them in the fridge for 20 minutes or freeze them for a nice frozen treat later.
- Strawberry Fool: you make this simple dessert by combining mashed or pureed fresh strawberries, vanilla extract, sugar and freshly whipped cream.
- Bananas Foster: you can make this tasty treat in just 10 minutes. Cook up some butter, brown sugar and rum until it forms a sauce. Then saute bananas until they’re warm. Drizzle them with your caramel sauce and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Find 10 more sweet ideas over at Wise Bread’s 15 Ultra-Quick Homemade Desserts.