I came across an interesting article on parents.com that discusses ways to cure everyday sicknesses, injuries, etc. The article is written to help parents care for their children, but I think a lot of these remedies are for people of any age (and not really sure why they couldn’t be used for adults too — I know that, as an adult, I will try them next time I encounter one of these ailments).
These remedies are also all things you can probably find in your home already, so these are pretty cheap and easy ways that can help you and your family cure your ailments. As the article notes: “the next time your child has a minor ache or injury, you can find these smart solutions all throughout your house.”
I’ve listed the headlines for all 14 remedies, but click the link at the bottom of this post to read more about each one.
1. Honey and Lemon Juice for a Sore Throat
2. Chamomile Tea for Colic
3. Baking Soda for Bug Bites
4. Cayenne Pepper for Nosebleed
5. Junk Drawer: Duct Tape for Warts
6. A Bubble Wand for Anxiety
7. A Bandanna for Headaches
8. A Sock for Tummy or Neck Pain
9. Your Blow-Dryer for Swimmer’s Ear
10. Contact Lens Solution for Congestion
11. Fresh Ginger Tea for Car Sickness
12. Cucumber for Mild Swelling
13. A Credit Card for a Bee Sting
14. A Stick of Gum for Indigestion
14 Natural Health Remedies for Children (Parents.com)
Editor’s Note: Do you have any cheap and easy at-home remedies of your own? Share with the Tip Hero community by posting a comment below. And thanks for being a Tip Hero!