11 Things You Didn’t Know About Cracker Barrel
You probably know that Cracker Barrel is a laidback, no-frills kind of restaurant that serves a darn good biscuit. But what else do you know about this popular chain? Here are some surprising facts about this beloved restaurant that you may not have known.
- Cracker Barrel serves 11 million orders of Chicken n’ Dumplins a year.
- The top-selling menu item is their hash brown casserole.
- Each Cracker Barrel contains rocking chairs on the front porches which are handmade by the Hinkle Chair Company, a five-generation family business founded in 1834.
- Every table contains a Peg Solitaire Game created by the same company: Lebanon, Tennessee’s Qualls and Sons Novelties.
- The first Cracker Barrel opened in 1969, the same year the first man walked on the moon.
- Early locations of Cracker Barrels featured on-site Shell gasoline pumps which remained for decades. Because of that, these located were all located by major highway exits.
- All of the vintage tools, signs, photos, etc. you see at each restaurant are all authentic (not reproduced) and inspired by local history.
- They are in no way related to Cracker Barrel brand cheese.
- In 2012, the chain teamed up with Dolly Parton to release a two-disc album called “An Evening with…Dolly Live,” which wound up earning a certified gold title by the Recording Industry Association of America.
- They offer pre-packed, ready-to-heat options for catering holidays.
- 6. About 90 percent of the ingredients Cracker Barrel uses come from the U.S.—the other 10% are items not available in large enough quantities domestically, like shrimp.
Did you know any of these facts about Cracker Barrel?