Happy Cinco de Mayo! Instead of heading out to a local Mexican restaurant and blowing throw unnecessary dining budget money, try staying in a mixing up one or two of these festive recipes. Enjoy!
- Guacamole: here’s a no-brainer for Cinco de Mayo. Get creative and make your own style of guacamole to enjoy on some homemade pita chips.
- Rice and Beans Meals: raid that pantry and make a delicious and very frugal rice and beans meal. You could make a simple soup or try our something like black beans with mango and cilantro.
- Kira’s Favorite Steak Burrito: when I get a craving for Mexican food, I like to throw together a homemade burrito using leftover meat and a homemade taco seasoning. Check it out for Cinco de Mayo inspiration!
- Mexican Bites: use tortilla scoops as mini bowls for this yummy Mexican-inspired appetizer.
- Mexican Stuffed Peppers: add some spice to your everyday stuffed peppers. Try using a homemade taco seasoning mix for a more frugal meal.
- Strawberry Basil Margaritas: use a seasonal fruit to make a fresh twist on a classic margarita.
- Spicy Pineapple Margaritas: if you’re looking for something sweet with a spicy kick, then try this recipe that also features a seasonal fruit’s juice.
- Meixcan Spiced Hot Chocolate: whip up this tasty beverage as an after dinner treat. You’ll basically add chipotle or chili powder and cayenne to your homemade hot chocolate.
- Salted Margarita Cream Pops: all you’ll need in order to make this delicious, boozy dessert are plenty of limes, sweetened condensed milk, salt, water and, of course, the tequila.
- $2 Mexican Meals: whip up a quick Mexican meal for less than $2 per serving. Try Pork Carnitas or Old-Fashioned Chili.
Need more inspiration? Here you go!