Need to trim down that belly a bit? By incorporating these 10 foods into your diet, you can be well on your way to a slimmer figure. Many of the items on the list can be found relatively cheaply as well, so hooray!
- Walnuts: these provide a healthy source of fat, but are also good to slimming the belly because of their fatty acids.
- Unsweetened Oatmeal: just avoid the sweeteners. Opt instead of fresh fruit.
- Apples: since these are high in dietary fiber, they’ll keep you fuller for longer. And they’re also low in calories and carbs.
- Salmon: this superfood boosts your essential fatty acid intake and counts as protein.
- Egg Whites: these are low in calories and high in protein – a good combo!
- Protein Powder: adding good quality protein to your diet will ensure that you don’t lose muscle mass.
- Broccoli: this veggie is low in calories but high in fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- Flaxseeds: adding these to shakes, oatmeal or baked items will boost your fiber and fatty acid intake.
- Blackberries: with 2 grams of protein per serving, these berries also offer more fiber than strawberries and blueberries.
- Natural Peanut Butter: in small amounts (because it’s high in calories) this is a great option for your diet.
To learn about 10 foods you should avoid at all costs, you’ll want to check out Koat Home.