If you haven’t been cleaning your oven like this, then you’ve been doing it wrong. You will be absolutely shocked by how effective this Newsner method is.
Here’s what you need:
-A small bowl
And here’s what you do:
- First, remove the oven racks.
- Mix a couple of spoonfuls of baking soda with some water in the bowl. Create a paste that will be easily spread on oven surfaces.
- Spread the paste on the inside of the oven (baking soda will turn brown). Let it sit overnight (at least 12 hours).
- The next day, take a wet rag and wipe out as much of the baking soda paste as you can.
- Put some vinegar in a spray bottle and spritz on surfaces where you still see baking soda residue. Then wipe with a wet rag.
- Put the racks back in the oven and turn the oven onto a very low temperature for 15-20 minutes to let dry.
To clean the oven window:
- Make another paste out of baking soda and water.
- Apply the paste directly to the window and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Use a clean rag to wipe the window clean.
Check out this insanely clever way to peel a boiled egg in 5 seconds