Tell us something: how do YOU usually eat your yogurt? It might sound silly, but think about it. For most of us, it’s usually just in a small bowl or straight out of a plastic container, and the most we do to change it up is maybe top it with some granola or fresh fruit. Don’t you think there should be a better way to eat this healthy treat? We did, and so we found something we’re sure you’re going to love: granola cups! These edible little dishes are totally easy to make, and a fantastic way to take your yogurt to the next level. Just watch.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoons chopped toasted almonds
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh fruit
- Grease a 6-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, coconut and almonds, and stir to mix.
- In another medium bowl, combine the applesauce, honey, cinnamon, and salt, and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Divide the oat mixture evenly among the muffin cups, pressing against the bottom and up the sides.
- Place the tray in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- Bake the granola cups for 10 to 15 minutes, until browned.
- Allow the granola cups to cool before removing from the pan. Serve with yogurt and fresh fruit.
Simple, delightful, and healthy! What could be a better way to start your day? Can you think of anything else that you could eat in them? Tell us if you give these granola cups a try and how they turn out for you!
Recipe adapted from Sweet Paul