If you’re a fan of tater tots (and really, who isn’t?) then this waffle sandwich recipe idea is going to blow your mind. And what’s even more mind-blowing about this recipe, apart from the incredible flavor, is how easy it is to put together with just 4 ingredients. The key ingredient here is definitely the Alexia Crispy Seasoned Potato Puffs. By strategically placing these potato puffs on a waffle iron, you create a “bread” unlike any sandwich bread you’ve ever had. Check out how easily this creative sandwich comes together. We promise that afterwards, you’ll never think of paninis the same way again.
ALEXIA WAFFLE SANDWICH
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 bag Alexia Garlic and Cracked Pepper Potato Puffs
- 4 slices Black Forest ham
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Preheat a 7” waffle iron on high. Allow tots to thaw out while the iron is heating. Place thawed potato puffs, pressing together snugly, in an even layer on the waffle iron. Close and press the lid down on the tots and cook until crisp, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from waffle iron and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Repeat to make a second potato puff waffle. When crisp, sprinkle half the cheese on the waffle. Fold each piece of ham in half, twice, and place 1 piece in each waffle “wedge.” Sprinkle with sliced green onion, top with the remaining shredded cheese and place the first waffle on top.
- Heat the sandwich through using the bottom waffle plate. When the cheese has melted, flip the sandwich and allow the cheese to melt on the other side before removing the sandwich from the iron. Cut in fourths and serve.
This is a sponsored post, paid for by our partner, Alexia.