One of the food fads of the moment is vegetable noodles or “zoodles.” This is basically taking your favorite veggies and using a special shredder to turn them into noodles! How fun, right? They look beautiful and taste delicious – and all along they’re super healthy for you! It doesn’t get much better than that. Watch the video below to watch this delicious new trend in action and learn how you can make your own zoodles at home.
The trick to the veggie noodle movement is a kitchen tool called a spiralizer or spiral slicer. These come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and prices, so if making zoodles is something you really want to do, you can find the perfect spiral slicer for you!
Once you have the spiral slicer, here’s how you use it: take any veggie, cut off the bottom, and place it right in the spiral slicer. You’ll either have to turn it yourself or use a crank to turn it, but you’ll send the veggie through the slicer and it will comes out as spiraled noodles.
There is so much you can do with zoodles. You can eat them raw, as the base of a salad, steam them, or boil them. Today we’ll be checking out how to pan-fry them.
What do you think of this all-veggie “pasta” recipes? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
VEGETABLE NOODLES (ZOODLES)
– Vegetables (carrots, zucchini, ect.)
– 2 avocados
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– Juice of one small lemon, 1/4 cup
– 1 tsp. cumin
– 1/4 tsp. turmeric
2. To make your sauce, combine your avocados, oil, lemon juice, cumin, and turmeric in a blender. Blend thoroughly.
3. Over a medium heat, heat up some olive oil in a frying pan. Add a little cumin for flavor. Throw in your zoodles, tossing them for about two minutes with tongs.
4. Once the zoodles are tender, drain the extra water out in a colander.
5. Add on your avocado sauce, tossing to cover thoroughly. Top with coriander.