Someone may follow a vegan lifestyle because of dietary restrictions, religious beliefs, or just a personal choice. No matter your reason for becoming a vegan, there are certain drawbacks to the choice in diet…namely, not being able to eat some of the most delicious things life has to offer. Exhibit A: mac n’ cheese. So you might not be able to throw some Kraft instant mac in the microwave, that doesn’t mean you have to give up indulgent food like mac n’ cheese because of your choice to be vegan! Instead, just make some vegan-friendly substitutes and enjoy. Nobody deserves to be deprived of mac n’ cheese…no one. Watch the video below to see how you can whip up this recipe and make sure to make enough for seconds.
Even if you’re not a vegan, this is a really fantastic way to lighten up your usually heavy mac n’ cheese.
The blend of veggies, cashews, and spices make for an amazing cheese sauce replacement, and you’ll feel so great about yourself, you won’t feel a touch of guilt for your second helping…or your third, or fourth.
Do you make vegan mac n’ cheese in a different way? Share it in the comments section below.
VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE
– Pasta of your choice
– 1 carrot
– 2 yellow potatoes
– White onion wedge
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 1 tsp onion powder
– 1/2 cup raw cashews
– Optional: paprika
– Optional: truffle oil
2. Peel and chop the carrot. Add that to the boil. Let boil for 5 minutes.
3. Add the chopped onion wedge. Let boil for 7 minutes or until soft.
4. In a separate pot, start cooking the pasta.
5. Blend cashews, the leftover boiling water from the veggies, the veggies, and your spices.
6. Combine the mixture with the pasta. Garnish with paprika and a touch of truffle oil!