Like all of you, we are always on the hunt for the Best Ever Thanksgiving Turkey recipe— the one that makes the bird the star of the show the way it should be. This year, we think we’ve found the secret in another, entirely unexpected meat: pork! You’ve heard of porchetta? Then meet turketta— juicy turkey full of herbs and covered in crispy, flavorful skin. The Kitchy Kitchen shows us how to make it.
– 3 leafy sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed
– 20 fresh sage leaves
– 3 leafy sprigs rosemary, stemmed
– 2 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
– 2 tablespoons fennel seeds, crushed
– 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 1 1/2 teaspoons medium coarse sea salt
– 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
– Three 1-pound boneless turkey thighs (skin on, not tied)
– 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
– 1/2 cup dry white wine
How good does that look?! We love that it takes less time than a traditional turkey and can be made with as little or as much meat as we need. Have you ever seen anything like it before? Grab your copy of the written recipe over on The Kitchy Kitchen and tell us what you think of turketta!