There’s nothing quite so comforting as a grilled cheese sandwich. We’ve seen some amazing adult variations on this tasty childhood favorite, like the bacon and caramelized onions grilled cheese and the avocado and tomato grilled cheese. But sometimes, you just want cheese, cheese and more cheese. And when that’s the case, then you must try this triple-decker delight courtesy of PureWow.
Here’s What You Need to Make 2 Sandwiches:
6 slices of sourdough bread
4 tbsp slated butter, softened
2 oz. goat cheese
4 oz. sharp cheddar
4 oz. fresh mozzarella
Here’s What You Do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Head a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Spread a tbsp of softened butter on 1 side of a slice of bread. Then, spread an oz. of goat cheese on the other side. Put the bread, butter side down, in the heated cast iron skillet.
- Meanwhile, while the bread toasts, sprinkle 2 oz of the sharp cheddar on top of the goat cheese layer. Then top with another piece of bread.
- Spread 2 oz of the fresh mozzarella on top of the second slice of bread.
- Spread 1 tbsp of butter onto a third slice of bread, then place it, butter side up, on top of the mozzarella.
- Once the bottom piece of bread is golden brown, flip the whole sandwich over and toast until the other side of the sandwich is golden brown.
- Move the sandwich to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the same process for the second sandwich. When both sandwiches are ready on the baking sheet, transfer to the oven and bake for about 5 minutes, until heated through.
- Cool slightly, but serve hot and melty!