20 Frugal Recipes for Frozen Mixed Veggies
05/10/2012 1:19 PM
One of the easiest and cheapest ways to get your serving of veggies is by buying a bag of frozen mixed veggies. You can easily incorporate these in many kinds of recipes to compliment or make complete meals. Let's take a look at some ideas from Wise Bread:
- Chicken Pot Pie: this comfort food can be made pretty easily with the help of some mixed frozen vegetables.
- Veggie Fried Rice: here's a great recipe for leftover rice that will literally cost you pennies per serving. Throw it together on the stove with you bag of frozen veggies.
- Creamed Mixed Vegetables: make a great topper for other dishes, like sweet potatoes and salads.
- Cajun Beef Casserole: have some extra ground beef to use up? Try out this easy casserole that involves simple ingredients like corn bread mix, shredded cheese and canned tomato.
- Tortellini Primavera: here's an easy and creamy tortellini and veggie pasta that you can whip up more quickly with your cheap frozen veggies.
Find 15 more recipe ideas over at Wise Bread's 20 Tasty Ways to Enjoy Frozen Mixed Veggies.
Most Popular Tips
Money Saving Searches