There are a lot of things to consider when purchasing appliances. For these big purchases, you need to make sure that you arm yourself with the correct knowledge and preparation. Check out some of Apartment Therapy’s recommended steps to take to make sure you make a smart purchase and don’t spend unnecessary money.
- Talk to you friends and family: they can share their likes and dislikes about their own appliances. They might also be able to recommend features you can’t live without.
- Measure Once, Measure Twice: take measurements of the doorways leading to the appliance’s ultimate destination. Don’t pay the money for an appliance (and possibly the delivery truck) if it doesn’t fit in your home.
- Don’t Focus Solely on Aesthetics: remember that you should be paying mostly for functionality.
- Are There Accessories Included: is the hood included in the stove? What else will you need to purchase for the appliance to function in your home?
- Don’t Get Sold on the First Price you Hear: make sure you haggle with the salesperson. They get paid on commission, so they will do their best to make a sale.
For more great tips, head over to 10 Tips To Remember When Purchasing Appliances.