Question: Is there anything more simply satisfying than a well-done grilled cheese made with quality ingredients? Answer: No. No, there is not. Add in avocado and tomato, and you have a sandwich that combines almost all of our favorite filling and tasty foods. The Navy Wife via Trusper shows us how to combine the best of Mediterranean flavors with this all-American stand-by.
–Your favorite bread
–1 avocado, sliced
–2 slices of mozzarella
–1 tomato, sliced
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Butter both slices of bread, each on one side only. Place one of the slices in the skillet, butter side down.
- Top the bread with the avocado, mozzarella cheese and tomato. Drizzle with olive oil and salt to taste.
- Top the sandwich with the second piece of bread, butter side up.
- Grill until the bread is golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the sandwich and grill the opposite side.
Simple and delicious! What are your favorite twists on grilled cheese?