Because we can just practically feel that warm summer air starting to settle in, we think it’s time to give some love to one of our favorite recent inventions. This amazing cooler will make you want to replace that bulky, dusty guy in your garage with this ice-cool beauty…STAT!
It’s called The Coolest Cooler, and it does everything that you didn’t even know that you wanted your cooler to do! To put it simply, this trusty guy pretty much works as a portable kitchen, wet bar, and dance club! Here are some of its most impressive features:
- Built-in 18-volt rechargeable blender for mixed drinks and smoothies, on-the-go!
- Removable, waterproof Bluetooth speaker for impromptu dance parties
- USB charger for your dying cell phone
- Waterproof LED lights for nighttime fun
- Tie-down bungees to secure your blankets, chairs, or extra clothing
- Built-in “kitchen countertop” for plates and utensils, and even a smooth, durable surface that doubles as a cutting board
- Removable divider that allows you to separate your chilled items from your dry goods
- Wide wheels for better mobility on grass, rocks, and sand
- Built-in bottle opener for beer lovers and magnetic corkscrew for winos
At the risk of sounding too much like a cheesy infomercial, we gotta say that this is the ONLY cooler you will ever need! The fact that you can literally blend up fresh margaritas on the road has us drooling.
But, the best part is that it can keep food and beverages cool for an astounding 4 to 5 DAYS! Camping, anyone??
The fabled history of The Coolest Cooler
Since it’s conception in 2012, The Coolest Cooler has experienced some unprecedented high highs, as well as some crushing lows.
The company’s founder, Ryan Grepper, decided to go the crowd-funding route for his unique invention. In August of 2014, the campaign had raised more than $13.2 million from over 62,000 backers, and it was named as one of the 12 most successful in the history of crowdfunding.
With support like that, you’d think that everything would be smooth sailing for the cooler maker, but, as it turns out, the complexities of business ended up getting in the way. Slow delivery times and raised prices disappointed the product’s earliest fans.
This led to some serious resistance from the investors who had yet to receive their cooler, but all ended up resolving itself when the company found a way to settle with these folks.
To watch Grepper, A.K.A “The King of Kickstarter”, show off the coolest invention ever, be sure to click on the video below. Though this cooler is quite the investment, we think that it may just make our summer that much better—tempting, to say the least!
What do you think of The Coolest Cooler? What is your favorite feature? Are you considering purchasing one? Tell us all about your thoughts and experiences in the comments section below!