Are you ready for the easiest Teriyaki Chicken recipe yet?! You can have this dish done in under half an hour, making it the perfect recipe to whip out on a weeknight when you’re craving something delicious but don’t have a lot of time or energy. Plus, it’s one more entrée you don’t have to order in! Watch how these basic ingredients come together in this simple recipe for culinary excitement.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
TERIYAKI CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1-½ pounds boneless chicken thighs, chopped
– 8 ounces broccoli florets
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 3 large carrots, sliced on the bias
– Chili flakes, to taste (optional)
– 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
– ⅓ cup soy sauce
– ⅓ cup water
– 4 tablespoons corn starch
– ¼ cup honey
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine all of the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce. Stir occasionally, for about 5 minutes, until the sauce has thickened. Set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, then add the chicken in a single layer. Let cook, undisturbed, for about 3 minutes or until browned, then flip and cook the other side until browned.
- Add the garlic, carrots and teriyaki sauce, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, steam the broccoli.
- Add the steamed broccoli to the cooked chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with chili flakes, if using, and toss to mix.
- Serve with rice or udon noodles.
So easy, right? What do you think of this Teriyaki Chicken? What other vegetables would you like to see in it?
Recipe adapted from Eat Good 4 Life