These cute little pop tarts are a fun way to show that special someone you love them. They are also really fun to make with kids. See how easy they come together in the video below:
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Strawberry Heart Pop Tarts
Makes 6 Pop Tarts
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. water
- 1 pkg. refrigerated pie dough
- 6 heaping tsp. cream cheese, whipped
- 6 heaping tsp. strawberry jam
- 2 lg. strawberries, carved into hearts and sliced lengthwise
- Turbanado sugar (course granulated)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk and water and set aside.
- Roll out pie dough until it is about 1/16th of an inch thick. Cut dough into 12 2.5” X 3.5” rectangles. (Reroll dough, as needed.)
- Place 6 of the rectangles on the sheet pan, spread 1 heaping tsp. of cream cheese on each, leaving ¼” border around the edge. Layer 1 heaping tsp. strawberry jam on top of the cream cheese, again leaving ¼” border.
- Take the remaining 6 rectangles, using the strawberry hearts as a guide, cut a heart out of each center. *
- Place a carved strawberry heart in the center of each jam covered rectangle. Top with the rectangles with the hearts carved out of the center.
- Seal the edges with the prongs of a fork and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle heavily with the course sugar.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool at least five minutes.
Recipe slightly adapted from The Novice Chef
*Cut out hearts and be made into mini pop tarts. Assemble with cream cheese and jam, seal edges, poke holes for steam to release, egg wash dough and sprinkle with course sugar. Bake until golden brown. Makes 3 mini pop tarts.*