One sure sign that spring is coming is the appearance of asparagus, one of the first vegetables available to pick after long winters, often as early as February. I usually just sauté it, but The Cookin’ Chicks show us how to make it just a little more special by roasting it with delicious Parmesan and beneficial garlic. This simple, healthy recipe definitely deserves a place in the spring meal rotation!
– 1 bunch asparagus spears, trimmed
– 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
– Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the asparagus on the bottom of a baking dish. The dish should be large enough to fit the bunch of asparagus when it’s in a single layer.
- Pour olive oil on top of the asparagus and toss to coat.
- Arrange the asparagus in a single layer.
- Sprinkle garlic and Parmesan on top. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until tender enough to cut with a fork.
I love cooking asparagus to go along with a romantic steak dinner. What are your favorite occasions to serve this healthy green? How do you like to prepare asparagus?