Looking for a great appetizer that’s quick to make and a crowd pleaser? Try these delicious Spinach Feta Rice Balls that family and friends will devour. Check out the quick video below:
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
1 cup chopped onion
3 garlic cloves
1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
3 cups cooked long-grain rice (1 cup uncooked rice, prepared according to package directions)
12 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
8 oz crumbled feta
½ cup shredded mozzarella
4 Tbsp butter, divided (melt 3 Tbsp of it and use the 4th for sautéing the onion and garlic)
fresh black pepper
1 tsp salt (taste before adding eggs and adjust to taste)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray 24-cup mini-muffin tin with non-stick spray.
2. Saute the onion and garlic with 1 Tbsp of the butter in a skillet over medium heat. When tender, pour into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add 3 Tbsp of melted butter, the cooked rice, drained spinach, feta, dill, mozzarella, salt and pepper and mix well until thoroughly combined.
4. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if desired, then stir in the beaten eggs.
5. Spoon about a tablespoonful of the mixture into each muffin tin, packing it down lightly with the spoon.
6. Sprinkle the grated parmesan cheese over top.
7. Bake 20-25 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and the bottom is very brown and crispy.
8. Serve right side up and they look like rice mini-muffins, serve crispy bottom side up and they look like rice balls.