We might all be easing out of cookie season and looking forward to New Year’s diet resolutions, but that doesn’t mean the sweet treat ideas have to end. Quite the opposite! Instead, we’re staying in touch with our inner children and making a twist on a kid-friendly favorite: Rice Krispie treats!
So what makes these particular treats so special? Their Snickers candy bar inspiration, that’s what! Like our past favorites that take the basic Rice Krispie treat and mix it up with all the tastes of peanut butter cups, s’mores and even brownies, this recipe adds the flavors of caramel, peanuts and chocolate in delicious layers just like the candy. The result is a delightful, easy-to-make treat everybody will love. Let us demonstrate, then read on for the simple step-by-step instructions.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Snickers-Inspired Rice Krispie Treats
Makes 36 bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 – 10-ounce package marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1-½ cups salted peanuts
- 1-½ – 11-ounce bags caramels
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2-½ cups milk chocolate chips
- Line a 9-inch-by-13-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the marshmallows to the melted butter and stir until completely dissolved.
- Add the Rice Krispies and stir until the cereal is evenly coated in the marshmallow-butter mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spread it out evenly and press gently into the pan using the bottom of a measuring cup.
- Sprinkle the peanuts over the top of the Rice Krispies mixture.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the caramels and the heavy cream. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between each interval, until the caramels are fully melted.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the top of the peanut layer.
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between each interval, until fully melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate evenly over the caramel layer.
- Set the treats aside for about 1 hour, allowing the chocolate to set completely, before cutting and enjoying.
- Lightly spray the bottom of the measuring cup with pan spray to prevent the Rice Krispies from sticking to the bottom of it.
Yum! How great do these Rice Krispies treats look? Those layers of peanuts, caramel and chocolate really take them to the next level. It’s like having a homemade Snickers bar, only even better!
So what do you think? Do you like this twist on traditional Rice Krispies treats? Is there anything you’d change about this recipe? What about other candy bars you’d like to see turned into Rice Krispie treat twists? Tell us if you give this recipe a try and let us know how YOUR bars turn out!
Recipe adapted from Like Mother Like Daughter