Yes, a smoothie BOWL— though it works as a regular smoothie too! However you and your kids want to enjoy it, this idea from What’s Up Moms is a great healthy start to the day that you can also start prepping the night before. It’s full of protein, fiber, vitamins, and omega-3’s, and best of all, your kids can help you make it. Check it out!
– 1 cup almond milk
– 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
– 2 teaspoons chia seeds
– 1 cup frozen mango
– 1 cup baby spinach
– 1 tablespoon almond butter
– 1/2 teaspoon matcha (this powder has caffeine)
– 1 teaspoon maca powder
– Toppings: granola, hemp seed, goji berries, sliced banana, etc.
- Soak the oats and chia seeds in almond milk for about 10 minutes, or overnight for make-ahead prep.
- Put the soaked oats in a blender along with the remaining ingredients, and puree until smooth.
- Add your desired toppings, and enjoy.
Easy and nutritious! What do you think? Will you and your children give it a try?