When it comes to picking a favorite warm Christmastime beverage, people seem to fall into one of two camps: those who prefer hot cocoa – in all forms! – and those who prefer apple cider. Why we at TipHero refuse to pick sides – who could we, when they’re both so delicious?! – today we’re highlighting one that’s going to mean serving special beverages to your holiday guests so much easier: Slow Cooker Spiced Cranberry Apple Cider!
Oh yes. Not only are you able to make this delicious drink in your slow cooker, keeping it warm for the whole party without you having to stay stuck in the kitchen, this recipe takes the flavors to the next level. Just imagine: apple. Cranberry. Festive orange. And, of course, all the best spices that just taste like Christmas. Watch how utterly easy it is to make, then read on for the full recipe so you can make it as soon as you can.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Slow Cooker Spiced Cranberry Apple Cider
Makes 10 cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
- 6 cups apple juice, unfiltered and unsweetened
- 4 cups cranberry juice, unsweetened
- ½ cup (or to taste) honey or other sweetener
- 3 cinnamon sticks, whole and toasted
- 1 teaspoon allspice berries, toasted
- 2 star anise pods, whole and toasted
- ½ teaspoon cloves, whole and toasted
- 1 orange, sliced
- Prepare a slow cooker able to hold at least 10 cups of liquid.
- Add the apple juice, cranberry juice, honey, cinnamon sticks, allspice berries and star anise pods to the slow cooker.TipHero
- Add the cloves and the orange slices to the slow cooker. The orange slices will float on top.TipHero
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, or on low for 6 to 7 hours, or until hot and fragrant.
- Serve warm. Any leftovers can be refrigerated and reheated, if needed.
How easy is THAT? It really couldn’t be simpler to throw this cider together, and yet everybody will be so impressed and pleased by it. It’s definitely a drink that the whole family and every possible party guest will love. How great will it be when you can quickly whip some up and offer everybody a warm cup as soon as they walk in the door?
So if you try it, you’ve got to tell us! Have you ever made anything similar? Do you love the idea of a spiced cranberry-apple hybrid, or do you prefer to have just apple cider? Would you use any different spices? What party appetizers do you think would pair well with this slow cooker cider? Tell us what you do and how it turns out for you!
Recipe adapted from The Recipe Rebel